Tuesday 18 May 2010

Trinity Stores

5&6 Balham Station Road sw12 9sg
020 8673 3773
www.trinitystores.co.uk
















I’m really partial to this cozy little garden feel café. ( Don’t get excited there isn’t a garden – unless you count the pot plants on the window sill, that is.)
This is one of my local treasures where I like to chill and do some writing. Primarily a delicatesson, this café displays a wide variety of specialty foods in addition to fresh made quiches, pastries and salads. Just a few tables dotted about and they have recently managed to squish in a few more, but it just makes it more cosy and more sociable.

There is a little down side. The coffee is quite average. The black has very little crema and the latte is…well it is a latte, I can just about confirm that. But that’s not the point. You just have to keep telling yourself, that there are more things in life besides a perfect cup of coffee. I almost turned inside-out when I wrote that, in fact, it put so much strain on my body I think I feel my brain leaking out of my ears! Although it goes against the coffee grain, I do love Trinity, the staff are friendly and chatty and they are not opposed to loitering lingering customers.
(There is a place to plug in my computer so I can continue to spread the word of the Coffee Guru, although sadly, there is no wi-fi. I forgive this slight too…)
Gosh, see what you can get away with by offering a girl a pretty display of organic cheese and making an almost digestable coffee??

Close to Public Transport √ Liquor License ×
Wi-Fi Available × Celiac options ×

Vegetarian Options √ Kid friendly √

No comments:

Post a Comment