Tuesday 18 May 2010

Alphabet City Cafe

98/100 High StNorthcote VIC 3070, Australia

After being out of the country for such a long time, I dropped by Silliyaks, a nice little celiac café in High St Northcote, to scoff down a few dozen wheat free coffee scrolls. Unfortunately they had the audacity to be closed for the length of my entire visit, so I popped across the street for an espresso, or three and a blast from my past at Alphabet City Cafe.
This was a bit of a fav of mine when I lived in the area about a century ago, and it doesn’t have appeared to have changed very much in all that time… thank you god.

Open from 10:00am until late, the décor is shabby, old vinyl chairs and walls covered with paintings by local artists, the only thing missing is a formica table, and believe me I looked, but was sadly, to be disappointed.
There is a leafy garden to chill in with a beer (they are fully licensed) and a huge menu that caters to most weird diets, including dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian and other eating disabilities!

There is a nice range of teas, but the coffee gets four of my very best ticks after tasting. Could not fault it! What can I say… just tops.

Grungy but clean and comfortable, Alphabet City Café is a lovely relaxed little spot for a chat or a read of your fav book.


Close to Public Transport √ Liquor License √
Wi-Fi Available × Celiac options √
Vegetarian Options √ Kid friendly √

No comments:

Post a Comment