Monday 17 May 2010

Kafe Kaos

54-56 Mountjoy Parade Lorne
03 52892639
http://www.kafekaos.com.au/

After begging my sister and my niece until I was almost blue in the face and they were plotting to strangle me with my own flapping tongue, I finally got my second trip to Kafe Kaos! The food is terrific and they serve a coffee so strong it could kill a camel!
The place is kid friendly and had a kids menu. It serves all day breakfast, and brags a great range of cakes, not to mention gluten free and vegetarian options, which is great for yours truly. It's in a fab location directly facing the beach at Lorne, the downside being that service can be a little slow in peak times. However, that just proves the popularity of this little grunge funk café.

The coffee could strip paint...which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it helps to get a well timed slap on the back when it comes time to swallow, just to help it find its way down. Be prepared for all the hairs to stand up on your arms and to do the full body quiver! Its like being fed caffeine intravenously.
After a twenty hour flight I managed twenty minutes on a sea side trampoline with my twelve year old niece which I think is pretty much to the credit of one heck of a cup of Joe!

But there was a little downside to the Kaos.
The glasses were... well, pretty putrid. My sister and I were served cups that still had the last customer's wet paper napkin stuffed into the bottom one of them. Not surprisingly we didn't argue over who would get the cup with the extra napkin over cup with the multicoloured lipstick stains, we chose to reject them both. Unfortunately we couldn't reject the rainbow glasses.
I hate drinking out of plastic glasses! They should be against the Geneva convention. Never was anything so vile and detrimental to the enjoyment of food than the plastic cup. It doesn't matter how bright, Brady Bunch, or Retro rainbow the plastic, (like these particular culprits) They are still yucky and make everything taste like…well, plastic! So, why do it??
Restaurateurs everywhere... please ask yourselves that question before choosing china for your new cafe!

Anyway... I digress.
Having said all this, it must be remembered that I asked to be returned to the above address on more than one occasion, even after the the incident with the napkin, why you may ask?

Go there... scoff, gulp, see for yourself.

Close to Public Transport × Liquor License √
Wi-Fi Available × Celiac options √
Vegetarian Options √ Kid friendly √

No comments:

Post a Comment