Monday 17 May 2010

At the Heads

At The HeadsJetty Road Barwon Heads Vic 3227
Phone: 5254 1277



http://www.attheheads.com.au/index.html












At the Heads Situated literally on "the Heads" this picturesque cafe-restaurant is the perfect stop off on a hot day, or in fact... any day. Views of the coastline are beautiful from the veranda which juts out over the ocean itself, the large double doors leading into the cafe making the most of the sea breeze in the heat of the day. A relaxed environment where loitering is almost a way of life, this family friendly, easy to find, easy to park cafe even manages to produce a decent strength latte, served, much to my joy, in the traditional latte glass. Unfortunately there was a little too much foam for my liking, as I wasn't in the mood to build a snow man, and never really enjoy digging for my coffee, i always find it a bit of a bummer. When I did manage to locate the coffee, however, it was very nice. Rich and full of flavour, the perfect temperature...which must have been rather difficult given the heat of the day, and a lovely nutty flavour that seemed to linger that I really enjoyed. Although your Guru is obviously not there to give out Michelin Stars, the food At the Heads, is rather good. There is also an extensive wine list, all of it Victorian and all of it reasonably priced. There is a large staff team, who seem polite, efficient and keep the place spotless, but are not big on conversation. At the Heads is a great place for a family brunch, or for Grandma and Grandpa to watch the kids on the beach without having to actually get sand in their shoes. I'm going again and I'm taking my mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment