Wednesday 28 July 2010

cafe 1001

http://www.cafe1001.co.uk/

LOL! HA! This is the photo they told me off for taking!!

Café 1001, or, otherwise known to my mates as; “Ya know…That place under the bridge!”, is situated, literally under the bridge in Brick Lane. I’ve been dropping in for years without knowing it actually had a name.
This was one of the first places I found for real coffee when I arrived in London almost ten years ago, and I’ve watched it as it has gotten busier and busier, especially as the Sunday Up market has kicked off in a big way over the past couple of years.

Nowadays the coffee is not quite strong enough for my taste, although its still smooth and tastey and there’s no choking or shivering required to get it down (that’s always a bonus). They have gone from serving a pitiful array of pre-packaged sandwiches to a whole range of cakes, rolls, fresh salads and other treats such as glasses of olives and hand made cupcakes. Things have seriously improved in that department. Judging by the way my friend scoffed down his food and nodded enthusiastically when asked about it, I take it that the food is okay as well. Or, as he put it… “It’s cheese and bacon, it is what it is - ya know?”
Hey – he looked happy enough.

Its a great venue and they have events happening all the time...check out their website above for the latest.
On the down side… The staff are really not very friendly, or very helpful, I’m afraid the service is not great (and the staff don’t know what kind of coffee beans they use…that’s not a great sign is it?). So take your take-away coffee and your ham and cheese butty and go enjoy the market!

Close to Public Transport √ Liquor License x
Wi-Fi Available x Celiac options x
Vegetarian Options √ Kid friendly √

No comments:

Post a Comment